Saturday, September 24th | 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM | Price: Included with admission or membership!
INSPIRATION FOR A GENERATION
Time flies when you're having fun, and nobody has had more fun than Leonardo's Children's Museum! For the past 30 year's Leonardo's has been inspiring the children of Enid and beyond and we are ready to celebrate! There will be special activities throughout the museum and Adventure Quest.
Special birthday activities include:
•Cupcakes! (while supplies last)
•Live science show (twice during the day)
•Interactive community mural fundraiser
•Inflatable obstacle course
•Egg drop challenge
•Leonardo's history exhibit
•so much more!
RESERVE YOUR SPOT ON THE BIRTHDAY COMMUNITY MURAL!
As part of Leonardo's 30th birthday celebration, we wanted to do something extra special to mark the occasion that could be enjoyed for years to come! After considering many options we decided we needed an amazing community mural at Adventure Quest!
Adventure Quest is the world's largest community-built playground. Built by 12,000 volunteers over more than 150,000 hours, Adventure Quest is the perfect example of the great things we can achieve when we all work together! This community mural is a tribute to that amazing investment made by our community 26 years ago and is intended to give a new generation the opportunity to feel the same sense of ownership at Leonardo's Children's Museum.
We frequently hear from guests who helped build Adventure Quest as children or as adults and are now proud to be able to share it with their children or grandchildren! We are very proud of our first 30 years of inspiring children and are even more excited about the next 30 years!
About the design:
The design for this mural is a beehive for a couple of reasons. The first one is we love bees! The second is that bees are the perfect symbol of teamwork! They depend on each other and work together so their community can thrive.
TODAY IS THE DAY! YOU CAN PURCHASE YOUR SPOT AT THE DONATION TABLE IN THE EDUCATION ANNEX!
How it works:
- Donate $10 or more using this form.
- Attend our birthday party on Saturday, July 24th between 11 AM and 6 PM.
- When paying admission or checking in with your membership at the front desk tell them you prepaid for a spot on the community mural. They will look you up and give you a ticket to take to the mural painting area at Adventure Quest.
- At the mural area, give them your ticket and they will direct you from there.
- Can I buy my spot on the day of the party? Absolutely! That is when we expect to sell most of them. You will be able to buy your ticket to paint a spot at the donation table in the Leonardo's Education Annex (you can get a cupcake while you are there too!)
- Can I pick my spot?: Each hexagon or shaded section (the smaller parts inside some of the hexagons) are first come first serve. You are not able to reserve a particular spot ahead of time.
- Isn't painting a messy business? You will be provided with an apron to protect your clothes and wipes to clean up after you are finished.
- I can't make it, so now what? If you donate before the event to reserve a spot on the mural but are not able to attend the day of the event your donation will still help Leonardo's inspire children, but your spot will not be saved. If you find after you purchase that you will not be able to attend let us know and we will let a child paint a section on your behalf! No refunds will be given.
- What if there is bad weather? In case of rain or other bad weather, we will reschedule the mural painting.
- Is it going to look good? You know...with kids and amateurs painting it all? The painting process on the day of the event will be managed by our community partner and professional mural painters Hive Appeal. After the event, they will do touchups and anything necessary to assure the mural looks professional and will last for a long time!